Monday 1 February 2016

Round The World in God Knows How Many Days

The World is my Oyster
I'm excited. Tomorrow we have an appointment with someone at STA  travel statravel.co.uk in Reading to discuss our RTW trip. Apparently STA have over 35 years of experience in helping plan RTW trips. Mind you the girl on the phone sounded very young I hope she won't be expecting a couple of backpackers. One of the reasons for taking early retirement include lots of traveling while we still have the energy and inclination to do so. Taking an extended trip for maybe a couple of months to visit Australia New Zealand Vietnam and Cambodia was top of the list. We have now decided to take the plunge and do a RTW trip in 2017 so we need lots of help and advice although we do have a pretty good idea of where we want to go and what we want to see. One of the main decisions will be whether we rent our house out or whether we can afford to do it without taking this step. As I said I am beyond excited, however, I am mindful of finances and unless I win the lottery there is going to be a lot of saving and less general spending to fund this trip. Trips and holidays have always been very important to me so I have always had the mindset of less stuff equals more travelling etc.

4 comments:

  1. Wendy-RTW trip sounds phenomenal. Your living my dream. I'm happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Sam. Loving your blog. Mine is in its infancy and I don't know what I'm doing. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wendy I found your blog by accident and am really interested to follow your travels as rtw is something we hope to do in a few years. If you are thinking of leaving your house empty for a long time you also will need to look at insurance as some building covers only allow up to 60 days - just thought it might be helpful to mention it so you can include it in your plans. Good luck at the travel agent, hope they have lots of budget ideas for you. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for tip. My son will be at home though so hopefully it will be ok but will check it out.

    ReplyDelete