Thursday 11 February 2016

Is it 5, 7 or 10 ?

Today's lunch ( I fancied some chocolate and a glass of wine)
I have always been a fruit and veg kinda gal but even I had difficulty in consuming the recommended daily amount of 10 portions that experts now suggest is the optimum amount to significantly lower the risk of premature death.

That is until I acquired a Nutri Bullet. I love this piece of equipment. It's small, powerful and leaves nothing unblended meaning I'm consuming everything I put in it. It's also easy to clean which means I'm much more likely to carry on using it.

Apparantly veg is 4 times healthier than fruit and the protective effect increases with higher consumption. The message is that humans are deigned to be Omnivorous: a handful of nuts, seeds, fruit/veg and the occasional antelope. So with that in mind I have one of these most days for lunch and I have the antelope for dinner over the course of the week lol.

Don't get me wrong I love chocolate, desserts and wine but I figure increasing my intake of fruit and veg is no bad thing.

Green Smoothie ingredients

Spinach/Kale/Broccoli...  depending on what I have in or a mix to get more veg lol
Apple
Pear
Banana/Avocado... again depending on what I have not both though otherwise it will be too thick
cucumber
seeds, nuts
coconut water/water
1tsp Matcha or wheatgrass powder

5 comments:

  1. Nbought hubs a juicer for Christmas but its been used once. We do s lot of fruit and yogurt smoitgirs though-should throw more veg in with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juicers tend to need lots of cleaning because they extract the juice but leave all the fibre behind. Not so good to use from a health or ease of use point of view.

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely ....in a froggie kind of way!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very green but just looking at it makes me feel healthier lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a veg smoothie before but I bet it would improve your health. It just seems like it wouldn't taste that great with some of the concoctions that I've heard of. Maybe just stick with fruit to start? Would it work in the blender? I hate to buy a juicer and then never use it.

    ReplyDelete