Tuesday 2 February 2016

The planning has begun

Today we had our appointment at STA travel and Sarah the young girl who saw us was brilliant very knowledgable and enthusiastic with a wealth of experience for one so young. She was also very patient and put our minds at rest that STA were not just geared around students and backpackers but were dedicated to helping all travellers whatever their age to plan their own personal adventure tailored to their own particular circumstances.

It's too early at the moment to book any flights as the RTW combination of routes are not released until March also we need to do lots more research into where and what we want to include, we did however leave with lots of brochures and information and a definite idea as to the first leg.

We will be popping back every 3-4 months to see family as I know I will miss children and grandkids and we both have aged mothers who although both pretty active with no ill health are obviously not getting any younger. The first leg will take in Australia, New Zealand, some of the South Pacific Islands and Indonesia. As I said I am beyond excited however this is not until 2017 and there is a whole lot of year to enjoy before then.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy, your early retirement and travel plans are full of promise and will be interesting to follow. Hubby and I hope to start travelling again at the end of the year now our two boys are adults but it's all hopes and dreams at the moment and no firm plans - but there's a lot of fun in the planning! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty hopes and dreams are good as this is where we plant the seeds to nurture. The planning is a lot of fun especially during the winter months. I have such a wanderlust at the moment I'm like a fizzing bottle of pop lol. Thanks for visiting my blog Betty nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you. I retire in just under 45 months ( yes I am counting!) and am already planning a long dreamed of trip to the UK. Enjoy your RTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Margaret. I didn't plan to retire at all in fact I thought I would be working for another ten years lol. Funny how life works out it all just happened in the space of six months which is why it took a lot of soul searching etc. Finances are a lot less now though so need to be extra careful about spending as travel is our dream. Thanks for visiting my blog it's in its infancy and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete