Friday 29 January 2016

Matcha Matcha Life



I have not had a cold or viral infection of any kind since August 2014. Working as a Health Visitor with babies, children and young people in a variety of settings from private homes, clinics, hospitals, children's centres  nurserys and schools meant constant exposure to every bug going. Now in retirement I am still constantly bombarded with bugs via my two granddaughters who as they both go to nursery and school frequently succumb to every virus going and happily off load them onto their unsuspecting grandparents. 

 I was musing on my robust good health over the last eighteen months despite close family members succumbing to colds and flu and came to the conclusion that this phenomenon was down to the inclusion of a couple of new dietary practices I have been indulging in. 

One is the addition of bone broth/stock to my normal cooking a few times a week. Although this is not for the non meat eaters and vegans this practice deserves a separate post and I will hopefully get around to writing about it at a later date. The other is the regular daily consumption of Organic Matcha Tea. I'm not sure which of these two dietary additions are responsible for my increased resistance to colds and viral infections etc maybe both of them are to blame, however, I am convinced that Matcha is the main culprit and I will continue to drink it and chuck it into smoothies every day. 


I originally started to drink Matcha because apparently Zen Buddhist monks drink it to remain calm and alert during meditation and I thought it would help with my meditation practice and alleviate my hormonal mood swings. These still appear to be present now and again despite being post menopausal. On further research I discovered a host of other health benefits attributed to consuming Matcha tea www.domatcha.co.uk

Although Matcha is not cheap I am definitely a calmer more contented soul with the added bonus of no colds or other viral infections since embarking on my love affair with the green stuff.  In addition I have noticed much improved hair and nails more energy and flexibility when walking and exercising and a wonderful sense of well being (this last one may however be due to retiring ).

2 comments:

  1. Will have to try. How much do you drink a day? Does it taste all right. Not a green tea fan but maybe I could disguise it in some way!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have half a teaspoon in a warm cup of water everyday It's quite expensive so half a teaspoon is enough I think. You could put it in a smoothie or disguise it in food if you don't like to drink it. There are all different grades culinary, premium ceremonial depending on how you use it. I think Waitrose sell it but I get mine on Amazon as there's more choice. A friend of mine drinks it as a little shot just to get it down but I really like the taste so I'll have a proper cup of tea. Hope that helps give it a go.

    ReplyDelete