Friday 22 January 2016

Bill's fault

If there is one month in the whole year when I feel the need to drink its got to be January. January in my view does not have a whole lot going for it, however, despite this along with half the population I embarked on the dry January challenge with my lovely husband. We have successfully completed dry January for the last two years so we were both optimistic about refraining from alcohol until the end of the month. We were both doing well and resisting temptation until Bill Bailey.







We were given tickets to see Bill's show Limboland for christmas. Now I'm not blaming Bill he wasn't drinking with us and didn't bend our arms etc but we went into London for the evening, we were enjoying a late lunch/early dinner before the show, one thing led to another and before we knew where we were a lovely bottle of red was placed between us and our dry January challenge was over. I have no idea who ordered it? Not us !!! because we were doing the challenge and we wouldn't do that. Also it would appear that someone else had drunk half the bottle without us even noticing very strange.

Anyway the show was hilarious full of extremely funny accounts of events in Bill's life. There was the saga of a family trip to Norway to see the Northern lights which was so funny I was practically wetting myself (especially after all that wine) and ended with Bill stating that they never saw the Northern lights but he later found out that they had been visible from Dagenham whilst he was away. He also contemplates the true meaning of happiness interspersed with musical ditties including a dark and sinister version of happy birthday. All in all a wonderfully funny evening full of laughter which is just what I need in January. billbailey.co.uk

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an excellent evening. A bottle of red and Bill Bailey - what's not to like? Glad you had fun!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just found you here after your comment on Ilonas blog. Good luck with your blogging. People were saying the same to me" Don't you get bored at home all day?" even when we had 3 children, 100 chickens, goats, sheep and a garden! Even now with just the two of us and 1 cat I don't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue thanks for visiting my blog its still very much in its infancy so its so fab to get visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blog Land...now let's see where Mr. Bailey is entertaining next...humm...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there thanks for visiting it's so exciting to receive everyone's comments

      Delete
  5. Hi Wendy, thanks for your comment and I'm glad you've been enjoying my blog!

    I love Bill Bailey, though I've never seen him live. It sounds like you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise thanks for visiting. It was such a funny night Bill Bailey is well worth seeing if you can

      Delete
  6. Sorry-missed this post. Bill Baily is hysterical. I know of him mostly from Black Books, but have caught the odd glimpse on other shows. My bottles of red wine sometimes show up half empty, or must have a leak, because they are empty sooner than I could drink one way too often.

    ReplyDelete