Monday 4 April 2016

My blogging leaves a lot to be desired.



A beautiful but crowded beach
Kukulkan's Pyramid at Chichen Itza
I am not very consistent with my blogging. Since returning from Mexico life has taken over and my time has not been my own. It's half term in my neck of the woods which means childcare duties. Easter was full on with family staying meaning lots of hosting. The first couple of weeks home I thought I was suffering from the Zica virus or prolonged jet lag.

Now we are preparing the garden to erect a summer house/log cabin/ shed etc. This does not come close to the creative genius of Iliona over at life after money but it did mean removing a couple of trees which much to my concern Lovejoy decided to do himself. I was unhappy about this, I thought he might kill himself, however, he has done it roots and all with just an axe and a saw, the man's a brute.

He is now in the process of laying out the footings or whatever before the concrete mixer arrives tomorrow. Lovejoy does not mind spending money but if he can save some by doing it himself he will despite my bleating constantly "get a man in, get a man in. Also I am baking my granddaughters 5th birthday cake. This is no mean feat as I have set my bar way too high over the last couple of years

Lovejoy taking down our tree (not really its a Mayan chap extracting  tree sap which they use as gum to keep their saliva flowing whilst working. Its like bubble gum without any flavour)

Mexico seems a long time ago now and I am getting Itchy feet again. We had to rearrange our travel appointment re our RTW trip due to half term so are going in a couple of weeks. Trips coming up include Lille, Brighton and a six week trip to Samos starting with two nights in Athens followed by Greek Island hopping with Samos as our base. This trip is an experiment on a couple of levels. It will mean being away from home for longer than a few weeks and also we will be travelling with carry on luggage only (for six weeks, no hairdryer OMG ) More on Mexico coming up when I've finished the cake.

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more. I think I have gotten better at packing light over the years. Nothing more than a carry on and weeks of travel sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have bought carry on bags from eagle creek. They look good but oh so small. I may do a post on them at some point lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blog just like life is ebb and flow. It has to work for you.
    I get the urge to travel a lot too. Does going to the store count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny I do laugh. Going to the store may count for you but not for me I hate shopping lol.

      Delete
  4. Glad that you had a good time in Mexico, and lots more exciting travel coming up! A new summerhouse is something to look forward to too.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the summer house to be finished as I want my new extension room back to do yoga in and read etc, at the mo it's full of paintings, frames and stuff that lovejoy thinks will make some money. he's completely taken it over so he can use the summerhouse when it's ready. Mind you I think I want that too lol

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to hear how you get on with your trips. This is what I want to do. I want sumer here in the uk and travel in autumn winter and spring. Hubby will be covering holiday but any time banked full time will be taken off. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got such itchy feet again can't wait to be off. I do miss my little granddaughters tho but we will take them away with us in the summer somewhere UK based. Camping maybe as my husband loves it lol

      Delete
  6. PS. I LOVED MEXICO TOO, ALTHOUGH IT WASNT VERY AVENTUROUS AS WE WERE ATTENDING A WEDDING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many different elements to our Mexico trip but the archeological sites were my favourite. We were not as adventurous on this trip however as we stayed in the hotel zone which is very touristy. I will post more soon when I've disciplined myself lol

      Delete